Are your projects successful? A study determined the following factors lead to project success:
- Clear goals
- Support from senior management
- Adequate funding and resources
- A realistic schedule
- End-user commitment
- Effective leadership and conflict resolution
- A flexible approach to change
- Clear communication channels
- Use of lessons learned
- Effective management of risk
Numbers 6 and 7 are my favourites. Six because leadership and conflict resolution are lumped together. Seven because of the flexible approach. In any case, this list can give all of us who manage projects a checklist for review.
Best of luck with your projects!